Are you headed to Anaheim for a family vacation or a couples trip? This SoCal city is home to Disneyland, the Angel Stadium, and the Honda Center. There are a ton of things to do here, whether you want local food or an NHL hockey game. Anaheim is also known for Disneyland. The city of Anaheim has a little bit of everything for everyone. The city is also pretty close to Los Angeles which gives you the opportunity to check out Hollywood and Beverly Hills on your trip.
Are you ready for a fun-filled vacation? Here’s everything you need to know before you visit this southern California dream vacation town.
Choose a Great Hotel Location
There are plenty of hotels to choose from when staying in Anaheim. The city offers everything from high-end resorts to accommodations that will fit into anyone’s budget.
One of the best places to stay in Anaheim is the Hyatt House Cypress/Anaheim hotel.
This extended stay hotel has rooms that make you feel right at home with full kitchens and an additional sleeper sofa. Or opt to stay in a suite that has a balcony with views of the city. The hotel also offers free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center and a 24-hour workout room. This fantastic property has additional amenities that include a heated outdoor pool and hot tub.
If you want to immerse yourself in Disneyland, the Disneyland Hotel is a great option. You can stay in Adventure, Fantasy or Frontier tower, each pays tribute to the theme park’s original lands. The hotel features modern accommodations with a magical touch, themed pools and waterslides as well as free Wi-Fi, and a chance to meet one of your favorite Disney characters. The hotel is located just steps from the Downtown Disney District and just a short walk to both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
Head to Disney California Adventure Park
One of the most well-known parks in Anaheim for anyone who is a fan of Disney and Pixar. Every thrill ride, decoration, and aesthetic is based on the West Coast lifestyle. You can experience all of the fun movies with your loved ones, such as Cars Land or head over to Pixar Pier and enjoy more attractions, food and fun! There is also Pacific Wharf and Grizzly Peak, which celebrate different parts of California’s coast and mountains.
This park is another must see while in Anaheim. While here you can visit Sleeping Beauty’s castle here, take a ride on Splash Mountain, join a quest with Indiana Jones Adventure or take a journey under the sea with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. The new Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout ride is ready to go at Disneyland.
Best Restaurants in Anaheim
While in Anaheim, visitors will most likely want to eat at all of the Disney-themed restaurants. If you plan on spending a lot of your time at Disneyland, here are some restaurants to check out:
- Hungry Bear Restaurant at Critter Country: enjoy tasty fast food at one of the park’s most tranquil settings. You can picnic on burgers while waving to Mark Twain’s riverboat from a two-story terrace.
- Bengal Barbecue at Adventureland: sink your teeth into some Jungle Skewers while sipping on a refreshing beverage.
- Flo’s V8 Cafe at Cars Land: chow down on some classic American comfort food like Flo’s Famous Fried Chicken at this Route-66 inspired diner.
- Lamplight Lounge at Pixar Pier: while enjoying a meal of Mini Burgers for kids or a Salmon PLT for adults you can check out the sketches, toys and movie memorabilia from Pixar movie favorites.
For those who want to venture outside of Disneyland, here are some local restaurants to choose from:
- Café Hiro: offers a unique fusion of Japanese, French and Italian by putting a new spin on some classic dishes. Some favorites at this restaurant include a Creamy Crab cake appetizer, the Pork Cutlet Curry entree, and the Panna Cotta for dessert.
- Gourmet Pie & Café: offers American comfort food and homemade desserts. Known for their specialties like Grandma’s Meatloaf, Chicken Pot Pie and homemade Carne Asada Tacos, this café offers a little bit of everything for everyone including a kid’s menu.
- Dominic’s Ristorante Italiano: is a family owned and operated restaurant that offers classic Italian foods such as pizza and pasta. Start your meal off with some mozzarella sticks, dine on the Lasagna Classico and finish your meal with some Tiramisu.
- Jim’s Super Burgers: is a good spot for a casual dining experience. Enjoy favorites like burgers, friends and milkshakes. Stop in for breakfast and get their Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, head over for lunch and enjoy one of their famous Cheeseburgers or swing by for dinner and get their classic Fish and Chips.
While in Anaheim, the local Anaheim Farmer’s Market is another must. Every Thursday in Downtown Anaheim you can pick up local produce from California certified farmers, enjoy the craft fair as well as the Homegrown Music series.
Visit Local Attractions
Anaheim might be known for Disneyland but you should also consider supporting local spots and see the sights when you can. Some of the best attractions to visit in the area include:
- Knott’s Berry Farm: one of the best amusement parks in California features thrilling rides, live entertainment and a water park.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: travel back in time to an age of chivalry and bravery. Watch two knights joust their way to the championship, see knights battle it out with swords and experience the flight of the royal falcon all while eating a delicious feast.
- Next Level Sports Complex: this indoor sports arena offers everything from activities for kids or adults including basketball, yoga, soccer and spin classes as well as a fitness center.